Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Rich and Creamy Chocolate Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder or 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugars, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and espresso powder.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Place saucepan in a large bowl filled with ice water.
- Stir pudding constantly for 2 minutes to cool quickly.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, top with sliced banana and/or crystallized ginger.