Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the frosting for my recipe Toll House Cake (Layer Cake or Bundt Cake - You Pick) I'm posting it seperately for everyone who needs a creamy, delicious chocolate buttercream frosting for their favorite cake.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, mini-morsels (Nestles)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons milk
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in mini-morsels until melted.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar and milk until creammy and fluffy. I beat this for a good 10 minutes. The longer you beat it, the creamier it gets.
- Makes enough to fill and frost 2 layers (about 2 1/4 cups of frosting).
I ran out of baking cocoa.I looked for recipe using chocolate chips instead. I found this recipe. It is so quick and easy. The frosting is rich and creamy
So easy to make, so hard not to eat out of the pan! It tastes like a chocolate bar on top of a cake. So fudgy. Very impressive
This went together so quickly, so very creamy and delicious. I used a larger saucepan to have plenty of room to beat in the powdered sugar with an electric mixer. I had plenty for a 13 x 9 inch pan of brownies.