Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe came from Trisha Yearwood, who married Garth Brooks and wrote a cookbook called Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma kitchen with a forward by Garth Brooks himself! Gotta try these! :) Be sure to use paper liners in the muffin tins and spray them with nonstick spray; otherwise, they will crumble when you peel off the liners. This recipe also makes great mini muffins; just shorten the baking time by 5 minutes. You might also try using oat flour instead of all purpose for a healthier muffin.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted (1 1/3 sticks butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place paper(or foil) liners in 9 muffin cups and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, flour, and wheat germ(if using). Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the melted butter and vanilla, stir to combine. Pour the egg mixutre into the well in the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each two thirds full.
- Bake the muffins 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in a muffin. Remove the muffins from the pans immediately and cool on wire racks. Enjoy!