Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Whipped this up yesterday and it turned out so good I thought I'd share! A great way to use up that leftover Christmas or Easter ham lurking in the freezer! Easy to make, and sinfully delicious if I do say so myself! Enjoy! :)
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded kraft Italian cheese blend (8 oz. package)
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed bite-sized
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups uncooked wide or dumpling egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups finely crushed ruffles potato chips
- In large bowl, mix together well the first 4 ingredients.
- Gently fold in rest of ingredients except noodles and potato chips.
- Cook noodles 1 minute less than shortest time on directions. *I cooked mine for 6 minutes.
- Fold in noodles.
- Pour/spoon into lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake in 350 oven for 35 minutes til bubbly!
- *Do not precook asparagus.
- **Can sub a 10 oz. box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained, for the asparagus if preferred.
i got creative b/c i'm working with leftovers, but this was good! left out mushrooms & onion - subbed chix broth for milk and 1c sharp white cheddar/1c sharp cheddar & honeybaked ham for the ham. yum yum yum. thanks so much for providing a workable recipe that tastes great. will try again per your direx exactly!
This recipe is a keeper! I made this as directed, except I used broccoli in place of Asparagus. The flavors all came together, the smokey flavor of the ham mixed with the sour cream and the Italian cheese coating the noodles, yummy! Oh, I did top with Ritz cracker crumbs instead of chips. Whole family loved this and it didn't last long, they gobbled it up. Now that I know how good this is, I will be making it quite often.
Very good! Very easy to get together. My family enjoyed this very much.