Recipe by mydesigirl
This salad is from a popular Italian restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri. It's very good!
Top Review by jkupperman
I have this recipe from one of the owners when I lived in St. Louis back in the 70's. The only difference then was the jar of artichokes was NOT to be drained. Throw it in juice and all.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, diced and drained
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- shaved deli hard salami (optional,but wonderful)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese