This salad is from a popular Italian restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri. It's very good!
Make and share this Rich and Charlie's Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, diced and drained
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- shaved deli hard salami (optional,but wonderful)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Mix all salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing together.
- Toss and serve.
I have this recipe from one of the owners when I lived in St. Louis back in the 70's. The only difference then was the jar of artichokes was NOT to be drained. Throw it in juice and all.
As a former regular at the original Rich and Charlie's, I'd like to suggest a correction. I agree that there's some sugar in the salad, but most importantly, the Parmesan cheese is not sprinkled over the salad, it is shaken right into the dressing. It makes a big difference.