Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These buttery-tasting cookies are so delicious and rich....with the addition of cream cheese, they seem to just melt-in-your-mouth...a definate winner.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or more or less depending on how sweet you preper your cookies)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- icing sugar, for rolling
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans (dough will be crumbly).
- Shape by tablespoonfuls into 2-inch logs.
- Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until just lightly browned.
- Remove the warm cookies from baking sheet; roll in icing sugar to coat.
- Cool on wire racks.