Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good for mince pies at christmas bu would work with any sweet tart/pie. Makes them extra special
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground almonds
- 3 ounces icing sugar
- 6 ounces butter, chilled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 egg yolk
- Sift flour, almonds and sugar into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until mixture resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add lemon rind and stir in.
- Stir in egg yolk to make a soft dough.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180-190C, gas mark 4.