Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a really quick and easy alternative to the expensive bought snack bars kids like in their lunchboxes.
- Melt butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan.
- Boil fast for 4 minutes, it will turn a golden colour.
- Mix in the puffed rice, then press into a 8inch square tin lined with foil.
- Cut into squares while still warm, then allow to cool.
- Make your own imaginative additions, like chopped nuts etc.
- Kids love these for a snack or in their lunchbox.
easy to make very yummy
"Kids love these for a snack" is an understatement! We added chocolate chips, peanuts and raisins to our and my kids were mobbed when they brought these to school!