Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This great side dish is so versatile, you can serve it with chicken, beef or seafood. This delicious rice is always appreciated by everyone. Tip: I cook my rice like pasta, this way it will not become sticky! fill your pot with salted water, bring to a boil. Pour rice in water, cook until grains becomes tender. Pour in strainer, let rice cool for a few minutes.
- 3 cups rice (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup reserved rice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 8 mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice as per instruction on package, reserve.
- In skillet, melt oive oil with butter, saute onions, celery, green pepper and mushrooms until tender.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute.
- Season with herbs de provence, salt and pepper.
- incorporate rice to vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, reserved cooking liquid, zests and parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve with any meat you wish!