Recipe by Chouny
This great side dish is so versatile, you can serve it with chicken, beef or seafood. This delicious rice is always appreciated by everyone. Tip: I cook my rice like pasta, this way it will not become sticky! fill your pot with salted water, bring to a boil. Pour rice in water, cook until grains becomes tender. Pour in strainer, let rice cool for a few minutes.
- 3 cups rice (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup reserved rice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 8 mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as per instruction on package, reserve.
- In skillet, melt oive oil with butter, saute onions, celery, green pepper and mushrooms until tender.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute.
- Season with herbs de provence, salt and pepper.
- incorporate rice to vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, reserved cooking liquid, zests and parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve with any meat you wish!