1/5 Photos of Rice With Tomatoes, Avocado & Black Olive
Chef Kate's Note:
Serve this pretty mixture of white rice studded with vibrant green, pale green, black and red either hot or cold. It goes very well with seafood. From "The Moroccan Collection: Traditional Flavors from Northern Africa" by Hilaire Walden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/8 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced (or one cup of canned organic diced tomatoes)
- 2 large green onions, chopped (include the tender parts of the green stem)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes, then add the stock and bring to a boil.
- 3Stir the rice, then cover the pan and simmer very gently, without lifting the lid, for about 12 minutes, or until the rice is just tender.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan.
- 5Add the tomato, green onions, parsley and salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the olives and avocado.
- 6Fluff up the rice with a fork and carefully stir in the tomato mixture.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Tomatoes, Avocado & Black Olive
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: