Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
I used to make this for breakfast often for myself as a child usually when no one was supervising. The trick is to use imitation maple syrup. I submit this recipe to the world for the glory and fame it will (and has) brought me. Coming soon to a dining table near you!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain long grain white rice, leftover rice, cold
- 1⁄4 cup imitation maple syrup (Mrs. Butterworth, Brand X)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, NOT butter (Mom used Parkay)
- In saute pan melt margarine. Add the rice and break up with a fork.
- Fry the rice until golden, flattening the rice in the pan with the bottom of a spatula. Fry for about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve hot with real imitation maple syrup and a glass of Tang.