1/4 Photos of Rice With Saffron and Nuts (Zaffrani Chaval)
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
A wonderful Indian rice dish with cashews. Hard to eat plain rice after this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepan. Test that it's hot enough by adding one seed; it should sizzle immediately. If not, wait until the oil is hotter before you add the remainder of the seeds and stir for 10 seconds.
- 2Add rice. Stir and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. The rice will start to change color and become opaque.
- 3Add broth and salt. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Turn off heat and fluff with fork.
- 4Dissolve saffron in 2 tablespoons of warm water, then pour it in the center of the rice. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- 5Wait for 5 minutes, then mix. Rice will have white and saffron-color grains mixed together -- unless you have lame-o saffron like I had when I made the batch in the photos I uploaded. *lol*.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Saffron and Nuts (Zaffrani Chaval)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g