A rice and roasted cauliflower dish that contains layers of delicious flavors. Roasting the cauliflower concentrates the vegetable’s flavor and softens it to a buttery tenderness. The cauliflower is tossed with chili spiced rice and topped with fresh green onion to create perfect harmony in every bite. From Ad Hoc Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head white cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup long grain, rice
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the vegetable oil and season with salt and a pinch of pepper.
- 3Place the cauliflower in a foil-lined roasting pan (reserve the bowl for Step 6) and roast until the cauliflower is a deep brown and tender throughout when pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes, tossing every few minutes for even coloring and cooking. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- 4While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the rice: In a large saucepan, add the water and a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice and chili flakes and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook the rice just until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the rice well, then spread the rice in a thin shallow layer in a large baking dish. To prevent sticking, I'd spray or lightly grease the bottom of the baking dish.
- 5Place the rice in the oven to dry out for 5 minutes. Remove, then stir in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with salt and pepper.
- 6Place the cauliflower back in the bowl and toss with the curry powder. Taste and season, if desired, with additional salt and pepper.
- 7Gently stir in the warmed rice and butter, tossing until the butter is melted and evenly coats the rice and cauliflower. Stir in the green onions and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Roasted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 63.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: