1/1 Photo of Rice With Pigeon Peas - Arroz Con Gandules
This is one of my favorite Puerto Rican rice recipe. I love pigeon peas. You can find sazon and pigeon peas in the hispanic section of the grocery store. Pigeon Peas are Puerto Rico's national dish. This recipe is from About.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat olive oil in a 6-quart pot. Saute the sofrito and chopped ham for 1 minute.
- 22.Add the rice, water, sazon and pigeon peas.
- 33.Bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 44.Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 5TIP: Do not use a lid with a vent that allows the steam to escape.
- 6Never lift the lid while cooking.
- 75.When finished cooking, stir the rice before serving. It should be light and fluffy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Pigeon Peas - Arroz Con Gandules
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 289.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: