Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is from www.tastycooking.com. This dish is made in Bulgaria.
Make and share this Rice With Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup pitted mediterranean olive
- fresh ground black pepper
- Soak olives in warm water for 2 hours. Braise onion in oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add rice and stir for a minute or two, until the rice is well covered with oil.
- Add the water.
- After 8-10 minutes, add the olives.
- Finish cooking rice and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper.