Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from allrecipes, but I changed it a little. My husband and I both like it and I hope y ou do too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I use a little more if needed)
- 6 mushrooms, choppped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper (I use garlic salt and garlic pepper)
- cook mushrooms, garlic and green onion in oil over medium heat until mushrooms are cooked.
- Stir in chicken broth and rice.
- Season with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Yumm! I love rice made with broth instead of water and I put a little butter in mine. I used 2 large portobello mushrooms and they tasted great with the garlic and green onion. I threw in a dash of crushed red pepper too. We ate it all up, thanks!!
This is soooo good! I just needed something to make with brown rice and happened to have everything! I made it tonight with fried chicken and I can't say enough about it YUUUUUUMMMY!