Recipe by JenniferK2
This came from an old cookbook my mom had called Cooking Without A Grain Of Salt. Which I think is funny because while you don't add actualy salt, there is butter, bouillon and Romano cheese which all add sodium. Regardless, I have always loved this rice.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 bouillon cubes (prepared with 3 C boiling water)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook rice, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions in butter for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bouillon mixture, wine, pepper and basil; mix well.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Stir in peas and Romano cheese.