Top Review by FlemishMinx
This had a nice subtle flavor. I served this with Ginger Chicken, and I do think it is probably best served with a highly flavored dish-- which is to say that the mildness of this sidedish won't overpower another dish, and to me, that is a positive. Thanks for posting !
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into 2 inch long pieces (12 inch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 Tbsp oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2/3 cup onion and turmeric and saute 5 minutes.
- Mix in rice. Add water lemon grass and 1/2 tsp salt and bring to simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Discard lemon grass.
- Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add green onion and saute 1 minute. Add rice and stir until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt.