Recipe by lazyme
From Grace Young, "The Best of Thailand: A Cookbook".
Top Review by KateL
Coconut power, no subtlety! Possibly the richest rice, on the sweet side, it was a good counterpoint to Recipe#33875 and simply steamed broccoli. I scaled the recipe to 2 2/3 servings to use one 14.5-oz. can of coconut milk, and the rest of the measurements worked out easily. Stay close to a recommended 1/2 cup serving size because this was very filling. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2⁄3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice in several changes of water.
- Drain, discard water and set aside.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, bring coconut cream to a boil.
- Add rice, sugar and salt.
- Add coconut milk and return to a boil.
- Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice has fluffed.