Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Grace Young, "The Best of Thailand: A Cookbook".
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2⁄3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut milk
- Rinse rice in several changes of water.
- Drain, discard water and set aside.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, bring coconut cream to a boil.
- Add rice, sugar and salt.
- Add coconut milk and return to a boil.
- Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice has fluffed.
Coconut power, no subtlety! Possibly the richest rice, on the sweet side, it was a good counterpoint to Shake and Bake Mix and simply steamed broccoli. I scaled the recipe to 2 2/3 servings to use one 14.5-oz. can of coconut milk, and the rest of the measurements worked out easily. Stay close to a recommended 1/2 cup serving size because this was very filling. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
A perfect companion for Thai Chicken. Loved the flavors of this fragrant rice cooked in coconut milk. Made for ZWT9.
Served this with Thai chicken and peanut sauce, and it was lovely.<br/>The fragrance whilst cooking was just wonderful.<br/>Can't go wrong with this recipe, it was loved by all the family.