Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe goes great with my Curry-crusted Sea Scallops or any other dish which needs a little "lift". It is simple but presents beautifully with a number of dishes.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil. Add rice and boil about 10 minutes, until cooked.
- Drain and toss with shredded carrots (if you don't like your carrots crunchy, you can cook them with the rice).
- Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.