1 hr 5 mins
This is from the 3 Bowls cookbook by Ed Farrey and Nancy O'Hara. It makes a light rice with sweet and nutty flavours. It doesn't keep and reheat well so it is best served on the day of making - it gets a bit chewy the next day (but I like that :))
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the soy in a saucepan along with 4 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- 2Add the rice, carrot and salt and cook over a low heat (covered) for 50 minutes Alternatively throw it all in a rice cooker and press go.
- 3Meanwhile bring the apple juice to the boil and remove from the heat. Add the hijiki and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 4Drain the hijiki and mix into the cooked rice.
- 5Serve hot as a side dish or main dish.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Carrot and Hijiki
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 736.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried hijiki seaweed