Recipe by Rita Wu
My mom likes to cook it and we love it. It's simple and easy. If you do not have much time to prepare a meal, this can be a choice.
Top Review by MCStineCO
I did this reciped slightly different, added a little more flour and cooked it in a WOK, rice seperate then added it later. I also added a little cayenne pepper to zip it up a bit. It was good!
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 -2 lb minced beef (the amount added as you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
Seasonings for the beef
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (sesame oil preferred)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (preferred) (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the beef with the seasonings listed.
- Cook the rice with a rice cooker, using suitable amount of water as usual.
- Add oil and salt and stir well before starting cooking the rice.
- Beat the eggs well.
- When the rice is cooked and the rice cooker says"keep warm", add the seasoned beef and eggs into the rice.
- Stir the ingredients well inside the rice cooker.
- Close the lid until the beef is totally cooked.
- If it is not salty enough, add further soy sauce into the rice to suit your taste.
- Serve hot.