Recipe by French Fried Texan
This is a great side dish for a variety of meats. Toast the almonds to add another dimension of flavor. Especially good with Peachy Pork Chops. Could easily be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth.
Top Review by Susie D
We loved this and it will go in my keeper file! It has a mild flavor, but it is so good. This would match so many entrees, but I served it with baked fish. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Found during PAC Fall '07.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, stirring, until tender. Stir in the rice, raisins, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Stir in almonds before serving.