Carol Bullock's Note:
A Chilean friend taught me how to make this. I was addicted to it for a LONG time. This dish is quite tasty when eaten with my other recipe 'Dal Curry'. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean rice.
- 2Cover with plenty of water and boil until done.
- 3Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 4Saute chopped yellow onion in bottom of deep pot.
- 5When soft, add rice and salt and combine.
- 6Reduce heat to low and let simmer awhile.
- 7Prepare vegetable topping and let marinate.
- 8Dish rice and top with vegetables.
- 9This dish is very good with Dal Curry (another recipe I've posted on this board).
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice with a Chilean Flair
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g