Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my Grandma Jennie's cookbook. Depression era?!?! HA make your own if you cant buy it then was always her motto!!
- 1⁄2 lb rice
- 1 orange, zest of, only
- 3⁄4 lb raisins
- 1⁄2 lb prune
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 1⁄4 fresh yeast cake (quarter pack dried)
- 1⁄2 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 2 quarts water (boiled and cooled)
- Cook then wash rice with cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large airtight jar.
- Set aside in cool dark place for 3 weeks.
- Strain and bottle.