Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The rice vinegar gives this salad a great flavor. It's milder and more flavorful than regular vinegar, and delicious. I found this recipe a few years ago and it has become my standard cucumber salad recipe. I always have to double this recipe because it disappears in my house. Even the kids love it!
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (to taste)
- 4 cucumbers (about 1 pound)
- Mix sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and dill in a serving bowl.
- Peel cucumbers, if desired, then thinly slice and add to bowl, stirring to mix and coat.
- Let marinade.
What a great summertime salad! I made as directed, but added some toasted sesame seeds and used fresh, not dried, dill. It was fabulous and refreshing - thanks!
Generally this was good, but a full teaspoon of dill was major overload in my opinion. Next time I will cut back.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat cucumbers. I use seasoned rice vinegar and no sugar. I've been using this recipe for many years. YUM!