1/1 Photo of Rice Vermicelli Salad With Grilled Pork and Spring Rolls
1 hr 20 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
While living in Colorado, I worked for an all Vietnamese company that made wreaths and wall decorations out of red river birch and white willow twigs as their office manager. I worked there for 10 years and became very close to the people that I worked with. Often the owner of the company would treat me to lunch from his favorite Vietnamese restaurant. I always requested this dish. He once told me the name of it but darned if I could ever understand what he was saying, let alone how to spell it. Anyway, I just had to recreate this wonderful Vietnamese dish from memory because I have missed it so much. Here is what I have come up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -12 ounces dry rice noodles
- 1 lb lean boneless pork fillet
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped (cilantro is an acceptable substitute)
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 3 prepared egg rolls or 3 spring rolls
- 1/4 cup nuoc cham sauce (Nuoc Cham Sauce - Dipping Fish Sauce)
- 1Partially freeze pork for easy slicing; slice thin.
- 2Marinade pork strips in the soy sauce and garlic powder for 1 hour.
- 3Stir fry or grill in grill wok the pork until no longer pink; set aside and keep warm.
- 4Heat egg rolls; cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 5Boil water in a large pot; add rice sticks and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, tasting for doneness; drain completely.
- 6Place a serving of rice sticks on a plate; top with 1/2 of the carrots, cucumbers, mint and cilantro.
- 7Top vegetables with pork strips and egg roll pieces.
- 8Sprinkle peanuts on top.
- 9Serve with a small dish of the Nuoc Mam Cham - Dipping Fish Sauce, Nuoc Cham Sauce - Dipping Fish Sauce for dipping or spooning over the salad.
- 10Repeat for a second serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Vermicelli Salad With Grilled Pork and Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1814.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 60.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nuoc cham sauce