Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good rice, serve with Mexican dishes. Recipe can be cut in half to make for one.
Make and share this Rice Verde for One or Two recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green chilies (or both) or 2 tablespoons green onions (or both)
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Place half of the rice in two buttered ramekins (or use one larger ramekin for whole recipe and serve to two).
- Combine sour cream, chilies (green onions if using) and half the cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Mix and spread over rice and cover with remaining rice.
- Top with the other half of the cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
I made this rice to go along with our double decker tacos last night. What a treat! I really liked the creaminess of the rice, it almost reminded me of chile relleno. I used some leftover rice that I had in the fridge (clever, huh?), and it came out great! Thanks for a great recipe!
Loved this to go with chipotle beef and beer bread.
This rice went really nice with my baked salmon. I changed this recipe a little bit by sauteing the onions in 1/3 cup chicken broth and 1/3 cup white wine until it was all evaporated. I added them to my rice with butter, sour cream and a little pepper. It was really good.