Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good rice, serve with Mexican dishes. Recipe can be cut in half to make for one.
- 1 1⁄3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green chilies (or both) or 2 tablespoons green onions (or both)
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Place half of the rice in two buttered ramekins (or use one larger ramekin for whole recipe and serve to two).
- Combine sour cream, chilies (green onions if using) and half the cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Mix and spread over rice and cover with remaining rice.
- Top with the other half of the cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
I made this rice to go along with our double decker tacos last night. What a treat! I really liked the creaminess of the rice, it almost reminded me of chile relleno. I used some leftover rice that I had in the fridge (clever, huh?), and it came out great! Thanks for a great recipe!
Loved this to go with chipotle beef and beer bread.
This rice went really nice with my baked salmon. I changed this recipe a little bit by sauteing the onions in 1/3 cup chicken broth and 1/3 cup white wine until it was all evaporated. I added them to my rice with butter, sour cream and a little pepper. It was really good.