- 2 cups water or 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄2 hot pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil to a medium sauce pan with a tight fitting lid placed over medium heat and warm for one minute,.
- Add rice and saute stirring almost constantly until rice begins to turn clear and just a little brown on the edges.
- Toss in remaining ingredients EXCEPT LIQUID and saute for one minute.
- Add water/broth, stir and cover tightly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes. Lift lid and check to ensure rice is thoroughly cooked. If not, recover, turn off heat and let pan remain covered on warm burner for a few minutes. Fluff with fork and remove from heat when rice is tender.