Recipe by JenSmith
This salad is not only pretty but very light, low in fat, and easy to make. Hope you enjoy. BE WARNED: this needs to chill for 8 hours (cooking time is chill time). You should start the night before serving or in the morning.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice (regular, NOT instant)
- 3⁄4 cup raw zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced radish
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, oil, water, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Pour vinegar mixture over hot rice; toss gently to coat. Let cool.
- Add zucchini, radishes, yogurt, green onions, and dillweed to rice mixture. Toss gently; cover and refrigerate 8 hours.