Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is great in chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 poblano peppers or 4 anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the white rice, egg, peppers, scallions, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon into the bird before cooking. If you want to bake separately, place in a shallow, buttered baking dish. Cook, covered in a 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes. Stuffing is finished when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.