Recipe by pines506
This is a nice change of pace stuffed into chicken breasts or just served on the side.
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies or 2 poblano peppers (roasted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chorizo sausages, casings removed
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put diced peppers in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or medium high heat and saute onion and garlic until tender (about 5 min.).
- Add chorizo and cook and stir, breaking up with back of spoon, until no longer pink (about 10 min.).
- Stir the chorizo mix into the peppers and add the rice, egg, scallions, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Use as a stuffing or turn into a large, shallow buttered baking dish.
- Cove rand bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes.