Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of the simplest and best of a number of turkey stuffings I've tried. Cooking time is not given, because it depends on size of the turkey. (Time for cooking rice is included in preparation time).
- 473.18 ml long grain white rice
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 2 clove garlic
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml sage
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml marjoram
- 2.46 ml thyme
- Cook the rice in 3½ cups water.
- Sauté the onion through garlic in the butter.
- Combine the rice and onion mixture with raisins through thyme, and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the bird just before cooking.
This is a very good stuffing-I used half which was perfect for a chicken and baked the other half in a casserole dish. I really liked the raisins. The only thing I would change is to reduce the butter a bit. I'm sure this would be great with turkey too. Thanks!