Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Vintage Southern Living
Make and share this Rice-Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Cut off tops of green peppers; remove seeds; cook peppers 5 minutes in boiling salted water; drain and set aside.
- Combine the rice, tomatoes, butter, and onion soup mix.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture; place in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Pour ½ inch hot water into dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top; bake 5 more minutes.
Delicious! This is a good meal by itself or use it as a side dish for the carnivores in your family. I boiled 4 peppers to start with, as I wanted to make sure I had enough rice mixture. That was a good thing, as I only had enough mixture for the 4 peppers. After the peppers were boiled, they were put into ice water to stop the cooking. I had thought the soup mix would be to salty but it was just fine. Oops, I used rotel tomatoes. But that gave this recipe a nice kick factor. I'll be making this again but I may stick with my mistake and keep using the Rotels. If DH says it is to hot then I'll make one pan with stewed and another with Rotel. One thing I know for sure, I'll be doubling this recipe from now on. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2008* game