1/2 Photos of Rice Stew With Daikon (Daikon Zosui)
A yummy Japanese-style recipe from www.moscowfood.coop. Easy to make vegetarian by using veggie stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups daikon radishes, sliced as directed (about a four inch long chunk)
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced as directed
- 1/2 cup wakame seaweed, soaked five minutes in cold water to cover, then chopped into one inch long pieces (discard soaking water)
- 5 cups fish stock or 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Peel the daikon and carrot, and slice into two-inch-long by one-half-inch wide ribbons that are no more than one-eighth-inch thick.
- 2The easiest way to accomplish this is by just using your vegetable peeler.
- 3In a stockpot or large saucpan, heat the stock over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the daikon and carrot, and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the cooked rice, mushrooms and wakame, and bring to a boil again, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in salt and soy sauce and serve immediately.
- 7Be careful not to cook the rice too long; otherwise, it will end up the unappetizing consistency of glue.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Stew With Daikon (Daikon Zosui)
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 1335.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: