1/2 Photos of Rice Stew With Daikon (Daikon Zosui)
A yummy Japanese-style recipe from www.moscowfood.coop. Easy to make vegetarian by using veggie stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups daikon radishes, sliced as directed (about a four inch long chunk)
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced as directed
- 1/2 cup wakame seaweed, soaked five minutes in cold water to cover, then chopped into one inch long pieces (discard soaking water)
- 5 cups fish stock or 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Peel the daikon and carrot, and slice into two-inch-long by one-half-inch wide ribbons that are no more than one-eighth-inch thick.
- 2The easiest way to accomplish this is by just using your vegetable peeler.
- 3In a stockpot or large saucpan, heat the stock over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the daikon and carrot, and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the cooked rice, mushrooms and wakame, and bring to a boil again, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in salt and soy sauce and serve immediately.
- 7Be careful not to cook the rice too long; otherwise, it will end up the unappetizing consistency of glue.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Stew With Daikon (Daikon Zosui)
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 1335.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: