Rice, Spinach and Spicy Chickpeas
- Defrost your spinach and rinse the rice.
- Put rice in a pan and fill with water (water should be about and inch and a half over the rice).
- Bring to the boil and add your spinach.
- Boil until the rice is cooked; strain and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking heat a wok or large pan and fry the chickpeas in the oil (be careful, chickpeas from a jar tend to explode when fried--never deep fry them!).
- Add the spices and fry some more.
- Add the soy sauce and stir, before it all evaporates, to coat the chickpeas.
- Serve with rice (add some butter to rice).