Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was eating this while typing the recipe--not too spicy, just right :)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 ounces spinach (frozen)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) cancooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Defrost your spinach and rinse the rice.
- Put rice in a pan and fill with water (water should be about and inch and a half over the rice).
- Bring to the boil and add your spinach.
- Boil until the rice is cooked; strain and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking heat a wok or large pan and fry the chickpeas in the oil (be careful, chickpeas from a jar tend to explode when fried--never deep fry them!).
- Add the spices and fry some more.
- Add the soy sauce and stir, before it all evaporates, to coat the chickpeas.
- Serve with rice (add some butter to rice).
This is a very filling meal! I added some hot pepper flakes to my plate, but my Brit BH preferred it just the way it was.
I found this to be a little bland. I may add some hot sauce to give it a kick.