Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1 cup thinly shredded fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- In a large sauce pan, combine broth, soy, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes then remove and discard ginger slices and garlic.
- Add mushrooms, shrimp, spinach and rice, simmer 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted.
- Bring to a boil, drizzle in egg whisking constantly.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with scallions and tomato.
This was wonderful. Everyone who tried this one came back for seconds. The chopped tomatos garnish was perfect and just made this dish. I'll be making this one again. Congratulations on a great recipe and good luck in the contest.
Loved that this used up things I already had on hand, I used four cups of broth just to stretch it a little further. Didn't really notice the shrimp flavor, so would add a little fish sauce as another reviewer mentioned.
My family loved this soup. I didn't have Shitake mushroom but it was amazing anyway. I will be making this again.