Top Review by Mysterygirl
This was wonderful. Everyone who tried this one came back for seconds. The chopped tomatos garnish was perfect and just made this dish. I'll be making this one again. Congratulations on a great recipe and good luck in the contest.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1 cup thinly shredded fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, combine broth, soy, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes then remove and discard ginger slices and garlic.
- Add mushrooms, shrimp, spinach and rice, simmer 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted.
- Bring to a boil, drizzle in egg whisking constantly.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with scallions and tomato.