Recipe by kittycatmom
I love rice! Sticky rice, wild rice, long grain, it is all good! This is a simple way to make your rice dish a little more "elegant" without a lot of extra work. (quick cook rice is fine for this recipe) Also great with fresh mushrooms.
Top Review by lauralie41
A great side dish! Served this with Kittencal's Recipe #204976 #204976 and enjoyed it a lot. I used brown rice, about 1 1/2 cup cheese because DH loves things cheesey, added some chopped baby portabella mushrooms, and freshly ground black pepper. Liked the brown rice for this recipe and might give wild rice a try next time. Thank you kitty! Made and reviewed for KK's Chef Pick Tag Game.
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter until golden (if adding mushrooms saute with the onion.).
- In a large bowl, mix sautéed onion with remaining ingredients except paprika and parsley. Pour mixture into baking dish and top with paprika and parsley.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden and heated through.