Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in a magazine and thought it would be a good use for leftovers.
- 1 (375 g) package Rice-A-Roni (or use leftover cheese risotto or similar)
- 1 cup asparagus, cooked & chopped
- 1 cup leftover cooked turkey, cubed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup herbs, chopped (parsley, tarragon, or any to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (to taste)
- If you make risotto the night before, keep some aside before you add the final ingredients and fold some cheese inches.
- You will need to warm it through before proceeding with this recipe.
- If using Rice-A-Roni or similar, just prepare as directed.
- Stir in asparagus, turkey (or chicken), eggs, herbs and garlic.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 9x11-inch pan and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm, at room temperature or even cold.
- Serves 6 as a light lunch with a green salad, or at a party as finger food.
I made this to serve as an appetizer, but the mixture didn't firm up to cut into squares. I even cooked it for about 15 minutes longer to see if it would firm up, but it never did. The taste was good, however, so we ate it as just a rice dish in a bowl.