Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Never buy rice mixes again! This is ready anytime you need a tasty side dish. Very good!
- 3⁄4 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cup almonds, coarsley chopped,optional
- Mix all together well.
- Store in airtight container (I use a pint canning jar).
- When ready to make rice, combine 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, and 3 T seasoning.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add rice and seasoning.
- Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook for 18 minutes.
Hope my friends like dill too since they received pkgs with the 3T of seasoning and 1 cup long grain rice as part of their homemade food gifts this year.
This recipe is really very good, but I found I need to shake or mix it very well before each use. I made a new batch this weekend and it was quite yummy, but the nuts, the bouillon, and herbs tend to try to shake out in different layers and can end up tasting too salty. I did increase the dried herbs a bit.
My niece came over to eat dinner with me this afternoon and we had this rice with deep fried whole cornish hens. She left with the rest of the bottle of Rice Seasoning Mix. I didn't have any almonds on hand so I didn't use them this time, but I can't wait to do it again with them. You must like dill to enjoy this (which both she and I do!) because it is the dominant flavor (at least without the almonds). I used my rice cooker and melted 1/2 a stick of butter in it then slightly toasted the rice in the melted butter (like you do Rice-a-Roni) added the water and seasonings and cooked as usual. In the rice cooker, the rice slightly over browned and I unplugged it within 10 minutes of the end of the cook cycle so I wouldn't let this sit in a rice cooker on warm. I love this rice.