This was inspired by all the zucchini from the garden, and leftover rice. It is especially good with Basmati rice. I make some without tomatoes for my husband, who has a thing about tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Brown sausage til fully cooked, remove from heat.
- 3Mix in rice, tomatoes, onion, cumin, turmeric, and parsley.
- 4Cut zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seeds and some of the flesh with a spoon.
- 5Fill zucchini with sausage rice mixture.
- 6Bake for 40 min or until zucchini is tender.
- 7To speed things up, you may boil or microwave zucchini to precook.
- 8Garnish with parsley and green onion.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice & Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1433.4
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.8 mg
- Sodium 1471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 49.9 g