Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was inspired by all the zucchini from the garden, and leftover rice. It is especially good with Basmati rice. I make some without tomatoes for my husband, who has a thing about tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown sausage til fully cooked, remove from heat.
- Mix in rice, tomatoes, onion, cumin, turmeric, and parsley.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seeds and some of the flesh with a spoon.
- Fill zucchini with sausage rice mixture.
- Bake for 40 min or until zucchini is tender.
- To speed things up, you may boil or microwave zucchini to precook.
- Garnish with parsley and green onion.