Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rice salad with a twist
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 150 g piece fresh salmon
- 60 g snow peas
- 4 asparagus spears
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Cook rice in simmering water until tender.
- Refresh under running cold water and drain.
- Steam the salmon until cooked and let cool. Coarsely shred the salmon and put aside. Blanche the snow peas in simmering water. Refresh and put aside.
- Snap any tough stalks off the asparagus spears and blanch the spears in simmering water. Refresh and put aside.
- Add basil leaves and toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and dress with oil, vinegar and soy sauce.