Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
365 Easy Italian Recipes serves 8
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Cook rice. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes. Dice, removing seeds and juice.
- Add tomatoes, celery and basil to rice. Toss gently to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over rice. Add peas and toss to combine.