1/1 Photo of Rice Salad With Fruit and Nuts
My husband's adviser fixed this salad as a side dish one evening when we went to her house for dinner. After I took the first bite, I asked her if she would give me a copy of the recipe. I feel that the salad is best eaten fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Half fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Rinse rice in a sieve until water runs clear, then add rice and turmeric to the pan and boil, uncovered for 10-12 minutes, until rice is tender.
- 3Drain in strainer and place in a bowl.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 5Turn up the heat, add the almonds and pine nuts and cook for 5 minutes longer, stirring often, until onion and nuts are golden brown.
- 6Add the onion mixture to the rice, along with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (which will immediately turn the rice bright primrose yellow), the apricots, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- 7Taste and add more lemon juice if necessary. Serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Salad With Fruit and Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.8
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 16.1 g