Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. A nice rice salad with vegetables, doesn't get any better. All the flavors of the vegetables will shine. Feel free to add or decrease salt and pepper to your liking. Please note: cooking time is for rice and vegetables.
Top Review by I'mPat
O'kay I had a :oops: moment in that I forgot the garnishes or cabbage and cilantro (was going to use parsley0 but otherwise scaled back to 2 serves was plenty for 3 of us and overall enjoyedfor its freshness I used a Granny Smith apple and left skin on but for appeal would look at a red apple and I also used doongarra rice as it is a medium GI rice - used for dietary reasons). thank you Baby Kato, made for Everday A Holiday tag game.
- 1 cup basmati rice, long grain, cooked
- 1 apple, diced (your choice)
- 1 cup green peas, small, boiled
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, florets, boiled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 cup mixed salad green, garnish plate
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage, shredded, for garnishing
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, leaves (garnish)