Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
For vegetarian omit the chicken and the mutton
- 3 cups cooked rice (steamed or cooked, cooled)
- 2 boiled potatoes (cut in cubes)
- 2 green bell peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers or 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bunch coriander leaves or 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 10 mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 medium lemons, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- cooked chicken (optional) or cooked mutton (optional)
- Heat oil in a big pan on high flame.
- When heated, add all the chopped vegetables except coriander/parsley leaves.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and soy sauce.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool down at least to the room temperature.
- Take a big salad bowl.
- Put rice in the same.
- Add the cooled mixture.
- Add finely chopped coriander/parsley leaves.
- Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Serve cold.
- You can decorate the same with lemon wedges, diced tomatoes and mixture of coarsely crushed salted peanuts and walnuts.
The recipe looked elaborate but came out relatively easy and was tasting very different. Almost a complete dish in itself and pretty nutritious too !
Just made this. I was looking for a really unusual side dish using rice. This is fabulous. I found it to be quite a bit of work, but well worth it. It reminds me of tabouli, which I really don't like because of the texture of the wheat. With the rice, it is really really good.
This was very good and simple to make. I added some garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, and Jamaica Me Crazy seasoned pepper to spice it up a bit. It turned out delicious! Thanks for sharing.