Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A refreshing salad to add to any meal. My girlfriend gave me this years ago and the recipe is requested whereever I take it. It's as pretty as it is delicious.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxesUncle Ben long grain and wild rice blend (regular)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup honey roasted nuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions and cool.
- Add peppers, scallions and craisens.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and add to rice mixture.
- (I sometimes don't use all the dressing... it seems too much) Right before serving add defrosted peas and peanuts.
This recipe is great, thanks so much for posting, we had it with salad last night, i just guessed amounts etc an it still turned out great, would advise anyone to try it, taste is fantastic, and really easy to do, thanks again for this wonderful recipe!
Made this for our Christmas dinner and was very pleased with the taste of this salad. The crunch of the honey roasted peanuts and peppers really works with the rice. It also has a very festive look with the peppers as well. Thanks for the recipe!
Very good and colorful, great on our holiday buffet. Previous reviewer is right about amount of dressing. Will maybe half it next time. Good for a crowd, makes quite a bit. Might try adding a little red onion next time. Thanks!