Recipe by KaffirLime
This is a vegetarian dish that's easy to prepare and is served cool. Great tasty salad for such hot days! And no cooking required except for the rice.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored and slicd into thin strips
- 4 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 4 cups fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, shredded fine in a food processor
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cooked rice in a large mixing bowl and add in all the raw vegetables; carrots, red and yellow peppers and tomatoes and raisins.
- Add in good olive oil and mix well.
- Season with curry powder, tumeric powder and chili powder and mix well.
- Add in salt to taste and mix.
- Add the roughly chopped coriander (lots of it!) and give a good final splosh of olive oil. Mix until every grain is coated with the seasoning.
- Chill and serve.